Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

Freedom frustration. Several things I tried to do this morning didn't work. I have time, because it is a holiday. But when I don't have the right tools or the right knowledge I am limited in what I can accomplish. I know people who might be able to help, but they have their own lists and priorities.

What is freedom? Is it freedom from or freedom to that matters most.

My many blessings give me freedoms
choices -- freedom to try, to learn, to hope, to do or not do, to be or not to be
family and friends -- freedom from loneliness and lack of encouragement, freedom to emulate, to love,and to nurture.
home and shelter -- freedom from discomfort, cold and heat and insects, freedom to collect and store
food -- freedom from hunger, freedom to share
health -- freedom to think and remember, to walk and to run, to sleep and to wake

And because I am free to have opportunities, desires and expectations. I also have the freedom to be frustrated.

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

Exactly! These are some of the thoughts that have been going through my mind since reading "Octavian Nothing" books. You articulate well the themes, and I feel free to just say--me too! Thanks.