I have taken a few more pictures recently with my cell phone, but it may be a while before they are posted. I like Deborah's idea of taking pictures while she is out on bike rides. I took pictures of roses in Sugarhouse Park last week. They were past prime. Utah roses come early and fabulously in June. I also took some photos of the fern bushes, spirea, and hyssop in the front yard, and the nasturtiums in the back yard.
Becca washed some nasturtiums for our salad on Sunday and Michael found them delightful. I don't remember why I didn't taste any. The nasturtium leaf I tried was extremely hot.
Ken is now working in Riverton. They moved all the IT department away from church headquarters. It was cheaper to put them in a building out away from everything. Unfortuantely the commute takes up to two hours each way if he rides the bus. We have been comfortably getting along with only one car for quite a while. Ken has had a bus pass and good connections to downtown. I need the car on Monday and Wednesday for my ESL tutoring. So this week I made Monday a shopping day and have a doctor appointment scheduled for Wednesday. Thursday Ken is taking off work so we can go to Manti for Jacob Palmer's wedding. And Friday is a holiday, the 24th of July.
We haven't figured out next week. So far I will need a car on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Maybe I will have to learn how to take the bus. On Fridays Ken and I are both supposed to be at the temple by 3:15, so I will probably have to leave home early enough to pick him up in Riverton and then drive us both to the temple. It will be more difficult when the weather is bad. So I guess we haven't figured out the future yet either.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I like all the pictures and all the posts. Makes me miss everybody more, but that's probably a good thing. Thank you.
John had to commute 2 hours each way when we lived in Rappahannock. It was really hard and we didn't see him much. That's tough.
When I am home again I would be happy to drive you places so Ken can have the car. It will be good to "pay you back" for all the times you came with me shopping with the twins or took me to NPS. I'll be back before the end of the month.
Post a Comment