Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Father's Day
Ken arrived in Pittsburgh about 2:30 p.m., so he didn't have much time with the Demetter family. Luanna got better photos of the tree moments with her camera.
There mother was always a good climber. I remember the old ladies panicing when they saw Luanna climbing around on chairs at church. I was so used to it I barely noticed until they caught my attention. She never seemed to be in any danger.
Isaac was not very happy to be so close to me.

I love this photo of Ken and Peter. I use it as my cell phone wall paper. On the cell phone you can't see Pete, so I can imagine any baby and every baby in his arms.
Gabe was being very brave about tight rope walking. He had been practicing on Wii fit. Unfortunately Sebastian had fallen from the same railing earlier and hurt his leg.
We took a long walk up on Autumn Hill. We entered the woods on a clear path and went one direction for a long way, then turned and went the opposite direction until we found a place to make our way down a cliff to a street below. After we managed the feat, we realized we were only about 30 feet from where we had entered the woods on a path up a more civilized slope.
This sign is at the exit to a church parking lot down the hill from the Demetter house. It was interesting to me to ponder it's accuracy. I don't think we would put such a sign by a Mormon chapel, because our mission really does include helping everyone, even those who come to church. And it is a mistake for people to not think of Salt Lake City or Utah or anyplace as being not part of the mission field.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment