Thursday, June 18, 2009

walking in the rain

The rain stopped for a while and surprised at how warm it was I decided to take a walk after dinner. I mean even though it looked dark outside it was 6:15. Lu and Bob suggested I take an umbrella because they could hear thunder. I didn't want to carry a big one, but found one that was just right in the car.

It was starting to sprinkle when I left. By the time I had second thoughts I was well on my way and determined to finish my hour. You know how umbrellas turn inside out in cartoon wind. They do it for real too. I was glad for a smaller umbrella. It would have been harder to carry and control a big one. I was also glad I had a jacket on -- even so my sleeves got well and the bottoms of my legs and everything else was a bit damp.

Luanna called once to tell me there was a tornado watch. I don't know how I missed the ring unless it was all the thunder with the rain and wind noise. There aren't many sidewalks in this area, so I did a lot of grass and street walking. One sweet woman slowed down her van and offered me a ride. I was impressed. Good people here. I was out for just over an hour walking in the rain.

Oh, and the rabbit has finished off the petunias.

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Reminds me of walking home from school as a child. :)

Deb said...

Tempting for me to bike in the rain today. But my bike chain wouldn't approve.

We have armed our garden from the rabbits and other beasties. Maybe I should blog about that.