Wednesday, June 17, 2009

rainy day

It rained in the night and is overcast this morning. I won't be watering today after all. It must be the rabbit/rabbits in the front yard eating the cosmos. I saw a baby bunny go under one of the pine trees. There are also baby birds in a nest in the bush at the bottom of the front stars and a mother bird who flies out to distract observers.

Peter is a good baby and tries to be patient. It is amazing to look at him and think that one day he will be a man. So much change during a human lifetime. And yet some baby photos have recognizable features of the adult. I could see Bob's eyes in his baby pictures. Peter may look like his father.

The beards here were a sport things. Men grew beards in honor of the hockey playoffs, and had to shave when their team lost. Bob's was about six weeks old when Peter was born, and his team won the championship that night. I was wondering how long the winning beards stay on, but Bob was shaved by Saturday. I'm glad I don't grow a beard. A few pluckable chin hairs are more than enough.

No comments: