Friday, June 5, 2009

blogging on a borrowed computer

The first thing I do is read everyone else's blogs and think about how I would respond to them.  And then I don't.  Jen's bird reminded me that a bird in Kansas City dive bombed me today and hit the back of my head with a wing or a beak or something.  She was probably a protective mama.  

It was fun going to the contemporary art museum at the Univ. of MO. with David and Ocean and Ava and Jenni.  Fantastic sculptures outside, giant shuttle cocks (batmitton) and other stuff. Almost put me on creative overload.

We will leave Warrensburg early tomorrow morning and hope to arrive in Cranberry Twp Saturday night before it is too dark.  I'm sure Luanna is hoping she will be in the hospital with her new baby.  

It has been fun driving and talking with Jenni.  Lots of discussions take time to have, space between questions and answers and revelations.  

Communication takes time.  We look for shortcuts and there aren't any.  But I suppose all of our efforts matter.  Blogs need comments.  I apologize for reading without responding in a way that would assure you that connection has been made and appreciated.

3 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

You are always so thoughtful. I hope you continue to have a great trip. Good luck with the Baby coming soon!

BobandLu said...

I heartily agree with your thoughts on communication and time. I'm sorry it is such a long drive to get here, but I am glad you have had time with Jenni.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

It's good to hear updates. It's great to be able to spend that kind of time together.