Monday, June 15, 2009

lovely

Babies are noisy sleepers, but they are nice and warm. Taking a night shift with a newborn seems to be a useful grama service. Peter is a hiccupy baby, and a good eater. Maybe those two go together.

I need to make something with leftover pumpkin today. Maybe more pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Lu didn't seem too excited about coconut pumpkin soup. Last night we cooked shrimp in coconut milk, so I also have some shrimp flavored coconut milk to use, but not in cookies.

The Penguins are having a Stanley Cup parade this afternoon so Bob has taken the boys into Pittsburg.

It was a good walking morning. Cranberry Twp. is full of hills. I did find a lovely downhill shortcut path through the woods on Autumn Hill. Nice names here. I think I will work in the yard this morning. Hannah and Lucy brought some flowers that will look lovely in the backyard shade. And Lu has some bean and cucumber seeds I could plant.

Lovely day. Lovely is an interesting word that must be related to love. Do other languages use "love" as an adjective root?

I hope you all have a lovely day.

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

Taking a night shift with the baby is always a useful thing to a mother if she can sleep through it. I always could - I'm a very sound sleeper. I'm sad that there aren't any pictures of cute little Peter. I hope to see some soon.