Thursday, October 2, 2008

walking in the dark

We are discovering the dark side of Murray, Utah this week. Everything starts out in black and white. Color comes through slowly and by the time we are back to the car it is daylight. Murray s surprising to see a non-suburb looking suburb. The neighborhoods look like they have been around for a long time. We are particularly impressed with the parks. The mornings have been cool but pleasant. And I love my walking partner. He looks out for me and holds my hand.
Tomorrow we will hit the City Cemetery. I think we will prefer the real thing to the Halloween decorations we run into. We did see a couple of real looking scarecrows in a real garden a couple of mornings ago that we liked and this morning a jack-0-lantern pumpkin pile painted on corrugated iron. Most Halloween decorations are pretty junkie, ugly and inappropriate looking. I did put up a fall door wreath this week with acorns on it.

No comments: