No new photos to post. So today is a day for words. We have a "Charlotte's Web" on our refrigerator, made of magnets, and without the web. The words change unexpectedly. In recent days "Look out" changed to "Look up" and this morning it just says "Love." Leaving messages for each other is a good thing. We have a smaller whiteboard in the hall now, and we keep it fairly clean, so it is a good place to leave new messages. Sometimes it just has reminders and todo lists. I find I forget things unless I write them down. If I wake up in the night with an idea, I can write it down on my way to the bathroom and not be afraid it will be gone in the morning.
Which reminds me, I had an interesting dream last night. I was taking photographs on the computer, using my eyes and memory as a camera. I would concentrate on the computer and a picture would come up that matched what I had seen. Sometimes I would look back at the original scene and note differences between what I could now see and what I made to appear on the computer. It would be an interesting technology to recreate images with a thought (even if it had to be an intense and concentrated thought) and a computer. In a way that is what we do with words and a computer, as we try to re-create what we have seen and felt.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Tech dreams like that can influence inventions! I've been talking to others about skype and advantages--how communicating w/ pictures live-time is powerful. Can't wait to see what is next!
Jenni, do you have skype? computer camera?
What a great dream. However my sister and I continually have conversations about how we remember things being as children and how these memories probably aren't very accurate. I have learned that my children will remember something that we "always" did but I know for sure that it only happened once. Funny stuff.
Post a Comment