Sunday, October 18, 2009

late August in Green River and Goblin Valley

with Simon and his Koehler cousins. And Deborah and Roger and Ken and Steven.
We were in the same hotel and had nice rooms. Steven made Simon sleep on the floor.
We had dinner together in our room. Here you can see Deborah, Alena, Sarah, Owen, Simon, Hannah and Roger.
Same group with Mariel in the foreground. And it must be Steven in the back.
Hannah and Roger look content.
Mariel looks self sufficient.
Sarah, Deborah, and Alena
It looks like we brought enough food for everybody.
This is the next morning in Goblin Valley. I don't remember why I was wearing Ken's hat. So he wouldn't lose it I think. I should have brought one of my own.
We should have stayed closer to the kids so Ken would have someone else to take pictures of.
It was a very pleasant morning. Ken went off by himself for a while and found a way through to the valley beyond.
He knew I was hoping to find a pathway through, but didn't realize I had given up and was ready along with everyone else to leave. We waited for 45 minutes or so before we decided to start yelling "grandpa!" He finally heard us on the last combined yell and started back toward the pavilion.
He must have taken this fellow in his time alone.

I like Mariel in this ducky pose. I didn't see it happen, because my back was turned.
We had a good lunch and then drove back to Salt Lake in time for the ward picnic at Sugarhouse park. The Babcock table was almost as spread out as it used to be.
It was fun spending time with the Koehler family. We had beds for everyone and I think they enjoyed the rest from traveling.

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

Beautiful photos of Goblin Valley. I am always amazed at what water and wind can do to rocks.

It's so nice when you can spend time with family at a great place. Glad Ken didn't get lost.