Wednesday, February 3, 2010

books

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, #12; A Memory of Light, #1)I really enjoyed this volume. I like Brandon Sanderson's clarity. I will (eventually) continue to read the two volumes that will finally finish the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series. I enjoyed the beginning volumes but had gotten tired of the pain. I think I read nine or ten of them, but I don't think I need to go back and re-read them or pick up the one or two I missed. The Gathering Storm is a big book and I've been busy, but I have had waiting time in places where a distraction was helpful. And it was nice to have something solid to pick up when I was tired of working.

I may have time to read the latest Barbara Kingsolver book or I may not. Mission preparation is probably more important. I could be working on scriptures or Spanish or the scriptures in Spanish.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I didn't really like the latest Barbara Kingsolver, "The Lacuna," right? Lots to read and didn't feel worth the time even though it is well written. After a while, I didn't like the character or the story much.

Lisa Chin said...

There are too many good reads out there to waste them on bad stuff yet I often find myself reading mediocre things just because I've already invested so much time into it. Sad. You have been so diligent in learning Spanish. You are an inspiration.