Tuesday, February 9, 2010

be nervous with us

We discovered the following Email when we got home from Albuquerque.

Brother and Sister Babcock,

I checked on your missionary application today and it noted "February 8, 2010 Ready for Assignment". The determination of your call should be this week and the letter should be mailed next week and received on Wednesday or Thursday. Be sure and call me when you receive it!

President Fuhriman

We met with Betty, Will, Laurie, Harold and Barbara (sisters and brothers) at Betty's for lunch today and to hear about her mission. It sounds like she had a great experience. It made me think about the advisability of creating a mission blog. She has some good pictures, that could be put in order and commented on. It would be nice to create a computerized mission journal in real time. We are trying not to think about all the possibilities and trying not to have preferences. We are determined to be happy about the when and where.

9 comments:

Deb in UT said...

Very exciting!

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I am nervous with you! And excited!

BobandLu said...

Oooh I am excited too! I didn't know Betty was home. What a great thing to be able to get together with her, especially now.

BobandLu said...

Was the email sent last week, meaning you would receive the call today or tomorrow?

Jennilyn said...

Will you announce it here, or call everyone or send out an email?

I found a quote from President Eyring in the New Era talking about the mission call process, the technology they use to put all your information and picture on a screen so they can see everything about you and then alongside it a list of all the missions and the rightness and agreement and the clarity of knowing where you are called is what Heavenly Father wants. I have felt impressed to share it in seminary (next time we meet! Cancelled school again for snow!) and I have a testimony that missionaries are specificially called to specific places for very real reasons. We are excited to have missionaries in our family! Good example to Stewart and other grandkids and your peers thinking about it!

Jane Babcock said...

Not today or tomorrow, but a week from today or tomorrow.

Charlene said...

I'm glad my Mom got to have a good visit with you and the others.

landbeck said...

I am totally NOT nervous, but very excited to hear news!

Lisa Chin said...

Awww, I was all overly excited thinking it was today or tomorrow, but I suppose one more week of not knowing won't hurt us.

Glad you made it back safely and I hope you will post where you are going on your blog. I'm very excited to think I may be able to serve with you vicariously through a Mission Blog. That would be wonderful to hear all about your mission on a regular basis!