Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Aunt Helen

I did visit with Aunt Helen on Monday. When I got there she had been sleeping, but was talking about something, so I helped Cindy get her up and changed and out on the deck in a wheelchair. She drank a little bit of water and had a spoonful of jello. She is very old and weak, but when we helped scratch her back, she was delighted and kittenish. She was surprised that it was four o'clock in the afternoon. She doesn't talk much, but sometimes gets a familiar expression on her face and looks like she might want to say something. At one point she recognized me, and I did take three pictures on my cell phone. I will post them when I have figured out the computer phone connection. Ken showed me, but I think I need to have him watch me do it.

She will be leaving us very soon. I was crying on all the way to pick up Ken, thinking of Helen, my mother, her mother, and all the life and death stuff.

1 comment:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing your visit.