Wednesday, September 2, 2009

hornets and messes

Yesterday I had a long list of things to do and got most of them done.

While I was watering the garden I got a hornet up my pant leg and ran into the garage and took my pants off behind the car. Later while I was pounding a nail in the garage, I noticed a hornet nest above me with hornets that did not like the pounding. Scary stuff.

I needed to clean the garage enough to get the side door open in case of power outage. On Monday, the door opener battery was low, so when I left to tutor I left the garage door open. That was fortunate, because the power went out before Steven left for his class, and it would have been impossible for him to get into the garage to release the door opener and open it manually. It was a very dirty mess and still isn't clean swept, but it is organized and there is more room for the cars. The door still won't open, but it is either a hinge problem, or a warp problem that Ken will have to fix.

This morning I did some pruning and dead headed the fern bushes. Now I am covered with aphid juice and little leaves and have blisters. I hope the yard waste pick up didn't happen before I filled the garbage can. Instead of being cover with beautiful white flowers they were orange with seed stuff. In this photo you can see a little bit of what they looked like. Most of the time people don't take pictures of the dead flowers. I guess I should have taken a before and after picture of the bushes in my yard.

3 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Wow, you didn't get stung? That's lucky.

Lisa Chin said...

I can't believe you didn't get stung! I love how you were able to take the photo with the mountains in the background.

Jane Babcock said...

It's a picture I would like to have taken, but no, just borrowed from the internet.