I learned from Facebook that my 96 year old Aunt Helen just moved in with her son Joe and his wife Cindy. Lots of things I wouldn't know without computer connections. I was also reminded on
facebook by Simon's other Grandma that "now" is the time to visit aunts. But our "nows" are sometimes committed. I will visit Aunt Helen tomorrow. I miss my mother and should treasure the connections I still have with her family.
Facebook is a daughter, granddaughter, niece and nephew and sister-in-law connection. It is a reminder that other people are living their lives even if we are not there to notice. Mostly I read instead of write, and I'm sure I miss things, but I am grateful for connections.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Please tell Helen "hi" from us! We love her and miss her too. We'd enjoy hearing about the visit! Maybe you could get a picture with her.
Post a Comment