Friday, August 7, 2009

good men in my life

Laura and Randy and family are in Albuquerque. We enjoyed their brief stay in Salt Lake. Tuesday Becca and Simon and Steven joined them and the Randy's family for a long day at Lagoon. Wednesday was our Cecret Lake hike from Albion Basin. (with Michael, Sare, and Ellie as well as Simon and Becca). Photos coming later. It was a beautiful day, full of wild flowers and clean air. Nobody fell in the lake. The small animals didn't like the spilled pretzels and we didn't want to share the mint brownies. Grapes and snap peas made good people snacks.

I didn't realize I lost my glasses until we were halfway down the canyon. It was after six and I had no idea when or where they had fallen out of my pocket and I had a preplanned dinner almost ready at home -- peach chicken, salad, rice, grape juice etc. About ten minutes into the meal I mentioned that I had lost my good glasses on the hike, high end frames, gradient lenses with coating -- an expensive loss.

Steven had seem them in the tall bushes at the top. "I should have picked them up," he said. Ken dropped his spoon and headed for the flashlights. Steven added some food to his plate and joined him for the return trip. A couple of hours later they called. Steven had found the glasses, stepped on, with one lens out, but nothing broken. I was able to get them put together for free the next day at the optical shop. A sweet blessing and great service.

2 comments:

John said...

wow, amazing to find the glasses again. Reminds me of the extra trip that Hannah and I made up the Alpine loop and cascade srpings to look for a special necklace that didn't make it back home. Only we didn't find what we were looking for

Lisa Chin said...

What a wonderful blessing!