Friday, August 28, 2009

whether to blog or to email

That is the question. Neither is easy this morning. I should be cleaning up and organizing. I did throw away to old tubes of glue that were too hard to use. Lots of things in my house are unusable. I almost envy Laura her opportunity to totally rethink her house and see new places to put things.

I did take a walk this morning with spurts of jogging and stopped to weed Nola Bartlett's parking strip on the way home. It was a beautiful but fast warming morning. The temperature is up to 83 now. Ken wants me to organize the expenses onto Quicken and I need to work on my Sunday School lesson. I will be lucky to get both of those projects done. And I will have to clean up my hands from weeding before I go to the temple this afternoon. I always did worry about whether it was possible for me to have clean hands and a pure heart. The temple is a good reminder of the need for both.

I thought about Deborah and her birthday yesterday and look forward to being late in wishing John a happy birthday. This is a big one for him. I remember thinking I was old when I was the age my children are getting. I had no idea how young I was and how much older and slower I would get. Good reminder to enjoy the present.

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

Ohhh, temple hands! I actually love seeing the gardening, farmer, worn hands. Last time we went there was a worker missing his right ring finger, and it was a quiet reminder of mortality, accidents, but hope for the resurrection and rightness restored.

When my hands are paint stained and splotchy I remind myself that the inner heart, the part that matters is what I should clean up first.

Thanks for the good image thoughts, and the good examples of your hands of service.