Thursday, December 24, 2009

merry Christmas eve

Today will be the bigger Christmas gathering day when all our Utah family is together. Daddy Ken is off work so we will start the day with mall walking exercise. I'm planning a sit down family dinner and hope we are not too full of treats to enjoy it leg of lamb, orange rolls, green beans, salad, mashed potatoes and grape juice so far. I might need to drop candy making as a Christmas tradition. My lack of will power is distressing to me. I'm going to try to organize nativity costumes prior to our evening performance, although figuring out who will wear what seems to be a part of the activity. I hope to do present wrapping early, before the family arrives to make Christmas castles.

I hope today day will be a pleasant day of preparation for all of you.

3 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Is Laura in town then? Haven't heard any details. Castles sound fun, but that hasn't happened here this year. Just many batches of fudge, and a caramel one this morning. I have found ultimate secret weapon: make it and immediately wrap it up to give away, leaving only little taste-tests scraps to make sure it is safe. It made it easier to make more and try different varieties. Please take pictures of your pagent tonight! We would love to see cousins. And thanks for your Christmas letter. Sweet testimony.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

It sounds wonderful! I wish we could be there for the family fun and dinner!

Lisa Chin said...

Enjoy your family time! I have fond memories of the year we came over for the nativity festivities. Merry Christmas!