Monday, April 6, 2009

busy beautiful Monday

64 degrees in Salt Lake today. I filled the yard waste bin with periwinkle cuttings and pruned the grape vines. I think I am getting slightly better at grape pruning. It is hard to cut living things. It makes a difference in how the plant grows and bears fruit. I whacked a bit off the top of the apple tree as well. I also pulled grass away from the ivy around the trees and destroyed some dandilions. It is amazing how fast time moves when I work in the yard. I guess yard projects take longer than I think they will and I am a bit compulsive about finishing what I start. That keeps me focused.

I didn't tutor Rosa this morning. She has to work extra before holidays (like Easter), so I went to the temple. There was a bit of excitement in the air about it being the first day open on Mondays. I was amazed at how many of the workers I knew from my Friday and Saturday shifts. It is a good place to be.

1 comment:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

It's warmer there than here today! I saw some flurries floating down for a few minutes.