Somehow our shower downstairs is hotter than the bath upstairs. We have strange plumbing in this house. I love hot water. It helped get me ready for our morning walk. We have finished the city east of I-15, north of 215, west of the Wasatch and south of the summit north of the capitol. Tomorrow we move west. We have walked some of Rosepark and the Jordan River parkway and miscellaneous trails out by Decker Lake, but there are many neighborhoods we haven't seen.
Daddy is a bit nervous at times, looking for men in the bushes. We seldom see them though this time of year. Warm Springs has a few hide-a-ways, but we've been there. He didn't like walking the North Temple viaduct over the railroad tracks this morning, but he mostly let's us investigate places that he doesn't want me to go to on my own. There is a double decker commuter train, Front Runner, that comes down from Ogden. It really surprised us the first time we heard it. There is an interesting neighborhood sandwiched between the railroad tracks and I-15 with a couple of murals we should have taken pictures of yesterday.
I watched Evelyn this morning, taking her with me to NPS. She was very good. When Jen left she wanted to cry, but I started spoon feeding her cereal, and she would open her mouth and take a bite and chew before remembering to cry again. Funny girl. She must like being fed. By the time she had finished the cereal and a half dozen mini-glasses of milk, she was ready to go play with the balls in the livingroom. And then it was time to leave for NPS.
I've decided to try to scan some things for my Grandma Laura project, but I couldn't get the scanner to work this afternoon so I finished reading Becca's book "Endymion Spring" and started again on Sare's "Artemis Fowl." I borrowed Sare's whole "Fowl" collection, so I have enough to fill my down time. I try not to read when there is something else I should be doing or rather when I have the energy or mindset to do something that needs to be done.
Ken gave me a vacuum for my birthday and a vacuumer. We will have to set a day for him to try it out. I think we have a few rugs that need it. This new vacuum has water that the dirt collects in and then you just dump out the water. It's supposed to be very powerful and dust free.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for watching Evelyn! Some of the people in my family are reading the Fowl series too, except I think they're missing a couple.
Post a Comment