Thursday, December 4, 2008

a love song

Today I found an English translation of a Swedish love song my parents sang together (in my father's handwriting). I hope you can read it. I never knew what it mean in English, except that my parents loved each other. I wish you could hear the music and my parents voices together.

Through the Blue of the Night

Through the blue of the night
a million stars are shining
and when a star falls
you get your wish

and I wish then
for all your love
Because when a star falls
I see only your face

Every star that falls
gives me peace
more and more
and there is the moon
which smiles at us both

Through the blue of the night
a million stars are shining
and when a star falls
I see only your face

4 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

That's beautiful!

Deb said...

I feel so blessed to have parents and grandparents who love each other. What a wonderful example. Love is beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

BobandLu said...

I love seeing personal, handwritten love!

Jennilyn said...

I looked up "Jansson's Temptation" a potato-anchovy-dill casserole. Commentors who say they hate anchoives swear the fishy taste is gone, absorbed by cream and dill and this is heaven to eat. Thanks for sharing this info about Grandpa and his mission.