Wednesday, December 31, 2008

new year's eve

2009.
I will become 65 years old.
I will continue exercise and healthy eating.
I will begin doing genealogical research again.
I will start dealing with photos, labeling and scanning.
I will read good books.
I will understand and love the Doctrine and Covenants more.
I will learn how to use a chalk board when I teach Sunday School.
I will listen to the Book of Mormon in Spanish.
I will shop and cook and do laundry.
I will continue tutoring and do it better.
I will improve my temple service.

There are some things I should do better with my family, that I'm not sure how to do.
I have a feeling that I should have more fun with them.
I should listen better and understand what I hear.
I should express love more frequently more vocally more physically.

What is the difference between what I will do
and what I think I should do?
Some of the shoulds are things I really want to do.

But what should I do that I don't want to do?
Those are the scary shoulds.
How can I begin to want to do those thing?
How can I identify the one most important thing?

2 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

New things are always uncomfortable to me. It helps to see someone else do the thing I want to emulate well. Then I can imagine myself doing it and it's easier. I think you can do all the things that you desire.

julie babcock said...

You are a good example to me Jane. I wanted to tell you that I think you are a great teacher, asking good questions, making the lesson relevant to daily thoughts and actions. I'm glad we could be at church with you.
julie