It's really 2009 now. January 4 already. I feel beset by temptation to escape responsibility and diligence with a maybe virus coming on. I hope not. Ken has been sick since Wednesday and should probably stay home from work tomorrow, but feels like he needs to return since he's been off for two weeks vacation and his boss is coming back to give him assignments.
I want to have fun but don't know how. A nap sounds easier.
Little obstacles stand in the way of project completion.
But I will keep doing what I should be doing even though I don't want to.
Funny to be reminded suddenly of my last post, the one that says:
"But what should I do that I don't want to do?
Those are the scary shoulds.
How can I begin to want to do those thing?
How can I identify the one most important thing? "
I didn't want to go to church today. I went.
I don't want to go to the Davidson openhouse, but I will go.
Interesting to suddenly find it easy to discover shoulds that I don't want to do.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How was the Davidson open house? You are our connection to extended family. Our source of information. I am stalling in starting my lists of shoulds today...Stewart is home sick from school with the stomach virus. Hoping it stays with him...
I think you are a good example of honesty. Love you.
Yes a great example of honesty. I have been doing a lot, but am afraid to make that list of "shoulds". I really do feel like a nap is on that should and will do list today though.
I recently read an interesting definition of diligence. Everyday, do one thing that you don't HAVE to do right now, that your REALLY don't want to do. Just one.
Post a Comment