Tuesday, January 13, 2009

feeling good

It's nice to be feeling good again. I hadn't had a bad cold for a long time. Ken is taking longer to shake it, working from home for the next couple of days.

The snow is melting. The stores are turning into Valentines. I need to start walking again. Outside maybe? I need to start taking pictures. We had some incredible icicles. They've all dripped away.

Michael found a man in Sweden who had records of the Swedish love song my parents sang. They arrived in the mail last Wednesday along with a CD that included 3 versions of the song from the records. They were made in 1936, while my father was in Sweden. They are the ones he would have heard and learned the song from. When Michael played the CD, it made me cry because I could hear my parents in the background. I need to find a record player that can play 78s. Michael sent me an ecopy of the CD but I haven't figured out how to play it yet.

3 comments:

julie babcock said...

I'm glad your feeling better! Were your parents musical? Music can be powerful.

Jane Babcock said...

My parents enjoyed singing and often led us in singing -- family home evening and trips. I am probably the least musically talented in my family. I remember the words of songs but can't reproduce the tune accurately.

Jennilyn said...

Yeah for Michael's detective work! Would it be okay for Emma to copy to CD next time she is in SLC? We would love to hear the song!