Monday, January 5, 2009

right and good

The openhouse was wonderful. I'm glad I went. Aunt Pearl was there looking like a little old Scotswoman. In fact all of the surviving Davidson's were there, Jeanette, Helen, Jessie (and Pat) and many of my cousins. All of the families were represented.

As I continue to ponder the shoulds, I realize that the important thing is to understand the source of the compulsion or inspiration. I should keep the commandments of God, but I don't need to heed the demands of fashion, my own pride, the neighbors, etc. When I know something is right and good to do, I should do it even if I don't want to. Telling the difference between good and evil is of primary important. Understanding the difference betweeen good better and best also matters.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I was just thinking about Aunt Helen the other day. I really miss her and seeing the Davidsons from time to time.

I like what you said about pride. Good reminders. Thank you. Sometimes I feel weary. A seminary student read a scripture today from Alma about being meek and lowly in heart and He will give us rest. Pride is not restful.