When almost everyone in the family spoke up saying, I'd be happy to help you drive back, but I've got school (or I've got work) or I'm having a baby etc. -- I realized that I could help the Babcock family drive back to Virginia. I didn't have any good excuse not to. At the time it wasn't even snowing.
I am grateful that I have the flexibility to take off and be helpful. And it's nice that they are willing to consider my help helpful.
Jen and John must be incredibly tired. Moving a household with one week notice is a daunting task. And trying to leave the home in ready-to-rent condition at the same time doesn't make it easier. It took me most of yesterday to get just myself and my stuff ready to be gone for a week. I'm taking cell phone, GPS system, a 2 way radio, and camera with me, among other things. I'll have to borrow Sunday clothes from Jenni and Suzanna and wash my change of clothes and underwear at Landbecks. I figure the less I bring the better for the trip.
I hope to see grandbaby girl babcock soon. Due date is the day after a get home. It would be nice if she waited for me, but nice for Sarah if she comes as soon as possible -- as soon as she's ready is good, whenever it is.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for helping us! You're an amazing driver.
Post a Comment