Monday, February 2, 2009

out and about

The Landbecks brought their home with them from Forest Hill. It is good to be here. I have enjoyed exercising with Jenni and when I get home, I may ask Steven if I can use the Community College exercise room as his guest. He wouldn't have to be there.

It is fun getting to know grandchildren better. Stewart and Max are big boys/men. Suzanna has been quiet, but Roxie Jane taught us how to play Quirkle and won a game played with Max and me. Later Stewart won against me and Sam. I haven't been taking pictures, but may try to get some today.

Thrift store shopping with Jenni gave me Sunday clothes and I bought a bag to be able to take them home with me. I now understand the joy of Maryland crabcakes and look forward to lunch. Dinner last night was an incredible rice noodle stirfry with shrimp sauteed in lime and coconut milk with garlic and onions. Very yummy. And Sandy brought a fantastic green salad with fresh apples and pears, dried cherries and nuts.

Our prayers and thoughts have been with the Scoville families. Thank you Jen and Alice for sharing your experiences with us.

Missing baby Ellie is hard, but I look forward to seeing her tomorrow.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Thank you for sharing about your trip. I'll look forward to seeing pictures if you post some. It was very hard for me to be so close but not able to see you. We are still hoping for a Utah visit this summer. I hope you have/had a safe and trip home and an enjoyable reunion.

BobandLu said...

Yes, it will be great to see pictures when/if you're up to posting them. I'm glad you've had this trip.