Monday, March 15, 2010

time vs money

For most of my life I have tried to not spend money when I could spend my time instead. Often I can do something better than I can pay someone else to do it. The reality though is that I can't do everything I can do. I have been tying my stomach and brain in knots trying to figure out how to get everything done that needs to be done. Sometimes I even try to pull Ken into the turmoil and get him to do more than he can do. I am trying to repent of my stinginess. We have been blessed with the money to be able do what needs to be done. I am grateful.

Yesterday I arranged for a caterer to take care of the wedding breakfast. In the middle of the night I realized that buying Costco cheesecakes for the open house would simplify my life.

1 comment:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I'm like that too. The hard thing for me at the moment is that I have projects for which I don't have money OR time to fix. I need to figure out how to deal with not being able to fix something.