Monday, March 8, 2010

See what I did


My one craft project. I bought this fabric when we lived in California a long time ago and have always loved it. At one time Jenni made it into a skirt for me, but it wasn't right for wearing. For a while I hung the skirt on the wall in the computer room just so I could look at the fabric.

When Dana and Ken were replacing the attic stairs, the then white mirror fell off the door and a corner cracked off. Gluing didn't put humpty mirror frame back together again, so I decided to cover it with the skirt. Originally I was going to wrap the frame like Luanna did for her round mirrors, but that after practicing with white flannel I realized that wasn't quite the look I wanted. Finally with duct tape and a staple gun I got approximately the look I wanted. With my art projects, approximate is about the best I get.

Six posts in one day. Ken found the camera cord. And today is his birthday. I love him so very much. Wonderful man and companion. The best thing I ever did was love and marry him -- no approximates about that.

4 comments:

Emmalyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennilyn said...

This is beautiful Mom! I love that fabric.

BobandLu said...

Hey this is cool! I recognize and love that fabric. I prefer how you did this mirror to the wrapping. I think the wrapping worked well with the round ones because they are round. It's too hard to cover curves without smaller pieces.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I like it! I would have never thought of it, but I'd put it in my house!