Sunday, November 22, 2009

sunshine and cold breezes

I'm tired of looking at the black apple as I go back and forth to check on all of your blogs. I love new content, so I guess I should provide some.

Our house is becoming a host house for Steven's friends. He had about fourteen here last night. It was fun to hear the talk and laughter as I drifted off to sleep. Steven really cares about people and wants to help them get out and get together. I have always wanted my house to be a refuge and a gathering place. But my children have seldom brought friends over. I guess it was more difficult when there were younger syblings around. My mother was a natural hostess but for me hostessing takes practice and caring and it gets easier with frequency.

The predicted snowstorm missed us. Lots of sunshine and cold breezes. Christmas has fallen and is spreading fast. I suppose it is a good thing for people like me who take a lot of stimulus to move me into action. I gradually warm up to the idea of decorating and gift giving and by the time Christmas comes there are many many things I wish I had time to do.

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Look forward with gratitude and love and hostessing.

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

I used to think that kids gravitated to the house with the best toys but now I've decided that can only be a small part of the equation. It also has to do with where the kids feel comfortable and where they can eat!