Tuesday, November 17, 2009

black apples


Since Halloween I have had a black candy apple on my kitchen counter. Steven brought it home and it was a while before I found out he had brought it home for me. I don't know who gave it to whom originally, but it was ugly, pretty smooth black, with a black ribbon on the box.

This morning I decided to eat it (to clean off my counter) and it was absolutely fantastic. It was black licorice caramel, smooth and soft on a wonderful green apple that was still firm and fresh and sweetly tart. I was going to save some for Steven, but I ate the whole thing. I should have taken a picture before I ate it, but figured I could find a photo on the web. No such luck. Black apples are hard to find. I did find one that is drippy, textured, not the same as the sleek shiny black one I ate, but it gives you the idea.

3 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

The apple sort of looks like one the wicked queen would give to snow white! mwhahahaha Glad you enjoyed it. Licorice carmel sounds gross to me. Glad it was yours. :D

Deb said...

Sounds unique. Nice that Steven brought it home for you. I've really learned to love apples.

BobandLu said...

Isaac just heard me "eeew". But then I read what you had to say about the picture! It sounds good! I'll have to show this to my kids.