After temple yesterday, we walked over to the Radisson Hotel to see an exhibit of nativities. The Friends of the Creche national convention was in town. We didn't realize the hours for the free public exhibit were 11 to 3. If we had we might not have tried, but it was fantastic. We must have missed a lot, but were able there was still an sensory overload of nativities on display and for sale. Watching the take down process reminded me of the collector's challenge to store and preserve. It was fun to see them but not have to take care of them. Http://friendsofthecreche.org has some photos on line, but they can't compare with originals.
We went back to the temple cafeteria for dinner and then zipped home to pick up tickets to a concert at the tabernacle and turned around to come back downtown. It was the premier performance of "God's Everlasting Love, " a commissioned oratorio by Robert Cundick, Text by Elder David A. Bednar, performed by BYU-Idaho Symphony Orchestra, Collegiate Singers, Men's and Women's Choirs. It was beautiful and powerful. The printed text was on the program. When I have time I will type it in. It was just under an hour and a half, a kind of worship service. The invocation and benediction were imbedded in the performance with prelude and postlude music as part of it too. They let us applaud before the prelude and after the postlude, but invited silent worship in between.
In between things, Steven got a haircut (from me). He got it shorter than he expected after he rejected my first attempt as too wavy. It was good to have time to talk with him yesterday. He makes me wish I were more experienced (with better advice), but also makes me grateful that I am not. Dating and social relationships in 2009 are very different and more fast paced than anything I experienced.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! I would love to read the text, yes, please. I encourage the seminary students every time we watch a film (many of them are very dated in dress and hairstyles) instead of being critical or laughing at out-dated phrases or clothes, to get involved, write music and stories and make LDS films and artwork that is contemporary for them. Share their testimony any way they can.
Post a Comment