Happy birthday today to Michael, eighth child and third son, one of a kind special person. It was fun to have them with us yesterday and to watch Ellie walk and play. She is a diligent little girl. Sometimes she looks old and wise, but always comfortable and well loved. We missed Sarah K and Emma and friends. We ended up with take home leftovers which was nice, but not as nice as it would have been to have them here.
We tried cassava french fries. I will need to try cooking them slower or less long, they were a bit crunchy. Raw they were like cardboard, so fried in peanut oil was an improvement. Michael remembered them nice and fluffy in Argentina. The lemon basil garlic honey roasted chicken was nice. I used a roasting bag. The purple potatoes were purple -- their main characteristic (better with butter or something). Becca's 7 layer dip was yummy. Rhodes frozen orange rolls are very good, but I'm not sure the price is worth the lack of mess. Perfectly ripe mangos are tricky to identify. I'm still working at it. I guess I don't buy them often enough. Dad/Ken knows how to get the green stuff ready for a salad, and sets a great and flexible table. Nice dinner with lots of help.
I lost my keys this morning (in my purse) by putting them in the wrong pocket on Saturday night. So Rosa and I had most of our lesson in the car (until the ESLC staff showed up). Fortunately Ken knew where his keys were (at home) so I could borrow them. I didn't find my keys until after I got home and decided to look in my purse one more time. Now that I don't have to spend the day looking for my keys I'm not sure what to do with myself. It would be good to rake leaves, but it's cold outside and we don't have a good rake, so I could buy one, that would be warmer or I could stay home and work on my Sunday School lesson for next week or try to figure out how to clean up newfamilysearch. When I stay home I eat too much especially not good after a birthday dinner day. Where does one buy a rake? Wallmart? Nope! Home Depot had three different kinds, two good metal ones and one wide plastic one. I got the larger, better of the steel tine rakes, for $17. Now I just have to feel like raking. Wallmart had no wide rakes, just one plastic mini rake for small spaces and under shrubs, but I did get a kitchen foam mop from Wallmart. Big box stores -- what would we do without them and without China.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Makes me want to come rake leaves with you! Roger just mows ours. I'm glad you found your keys.
I think my favorite rake came from Home Depot, a wide plastic one, where the leaves don't get caught/stuck in the tines. The kids bagged dozens of leaf bags, waiting patiently on the the side of the road for pick up, and there are still more coming down...
My neighbors have kindly offered the use of their leaf blower! I like the quiet and exercise of raking though.
You haven't written for a while, so I read your post again. Now I'm wondering what cassava is. Guess I'll google it.
Post a Comment