Saturday, March 7, 2009

rearranging furniture

Yesterday I rearranged the bedroom. Ken says he hates change, so I decided to do it while he was at work. It actually started with moving a hamper, then progressed. I was looking for my sleep mask, but found lots of dust instead and a new look to everything. It took a lot of trying different scenarios. Several things got moved more than once. I knew there had to be a way that worked if I kept trying.

I didn't warn Ken. We didn't get home until 10:00 p.m. He whopped in surprise, but he likes it. He said it looks much roomier. And it does. The bed is perpendicular to what it was and we wondered if that would affect our sleep. We decided to not believe it matters.

Ken said he woke up a little disoriented thinking someone was in the kitchen, but it was light from the street instead of light from the crack around the hallway door.

Rooms seem cleaner after they are rearranged. They probably are given the sweeping up under furniture. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. I think different problems must develop over time as new things are added to a room until a complete makeover is in order.

There are metaphors for life to be found in rearranging furniture.

1 comment:

BobandLu said...

Oh I love to re-arrange furniture. I think it helps me enjoy being home and taking care of my family. I need visual variety.