Monday, March 16, 2009

photos for a snowy day

These beautiful hibiscus provided decoration for Luanna and Bob's wedding reception in our back yard. We had four of them. Maybe three. I gave all but one away. They spend the summer outside and are very resilient. The withstand sun and drought and pruning if you treat them better after you are mean to them. I use them as a watering guide. When they start to wilt I water all my houseplants. Because they are sensitive to frost they come inside for the winter, but they continue to bloom whenever I least expect it. These photos were taken on a recent snowy day.
Nearing the end of winter.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful! Bright flowers on a drab winter day bring cheer. Time for me to buy more.

BobandLu said...

Wow, I didn't know that's the same plant! Beautiful. Thanks. We have a lot of fog here today. I love fog! It's a different pretty kind of change. Like snow but not as cold.