Because I got a sliver (that may have been metal) in my eye when I was a child, they had to do a C-T scan to see that it had been totally removed before they could do the MRI. Any metal at all can move during the MRI and mess up the eye. It was long gone. But interesting to get a C-T scan. Very quiet compared to an MRI.
The MRI bed was way more open than they used to be I guess or I was in a different one than they use for full body MRIs. The attendants still try to talk you out of claustrophobia. I was offered a cloth over my eyes, a blanket, pads for my arms, ear plugs etc. I said I would take anything they had. It would have been a relaxing experience except for the jack hammer. She constantly talked me through the procedure. This one will take ten seconds. This one will be three minutes. I was surprised at all the different things. And that was just for my head. The doctor will call me with results. Probably next week.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ohhhh, sympathy for the experience! Jackhammer is a good discription. Last one I had I could feel physical HEAT as the MRI went over my gut. I like cloth over eye idea. I close mine tightly, practice lamaze breathing...I am glad you are taking care of yourself!
Post a Comment