Friday, November 21, 2008

moth and dust sadness

I lost my wedding band on Tuesday, November 18 doing yard work. Looking for it was discouraging. I knew the general area within a ten foot radius, but there was a lot of bark and debris. It slipped off my finger in the northwest corner of the yard near the ditch and street. I rented a metal detector and got more discouraged. Ken stayed home from work Wednesday morning and rented a different metal detector and we discovered there is lots of metal in our yard.

I have put on Ken's number 2 wedding ring. He lost number 1 in the sand playing volleyball soon after we were married. He lost number 2 in Iowa and we got him number 3 before we found number 2 under the bathroom sink cabinet. It is a little small for me. We got his number 3 bigger. I guess we used to have littler fingers.

Unlike the photo, my ring was gold inside and engraved. When it was texture (fine lines) on the silver part, but they wore off long ago.

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

I remember the Iowa wedding ring-bounced and jumped under the bathroom sink-framing. There were pennies down there, too.

In all our wedding ring adventures (you are not alone) we decided that it didn't matter which piece of actual jewelry he wore, or how sentimental, just as long as John looks married, taken, committed, mine! One of the most embarrassing BYU experiences was my feeling interested attracted to a guy and finding out he was engaged! Gross, awful! Wished that guys wore engagements rings, too!

Before the tatoo taboo we even thought of permanizing an inked ring on that finger.

BobandLu said...

I've thought about the tatoo ring idea too, not because of loosing a ring.. but because of eczema on my hands.
I should get some good gloves that fit that I'm willing to wear.