With the case of cucumbers I got from NPS on Monday I've been making cucumber soup. I was going to buy three cucumbers for 60 cents each and then came across a case of about 40 for $1.58. My tonight version had cucumbers, onion, spinach, cilantro, diced tomatoes with chili flavoring and diced tomatoes with green chilies. It is really really ugly but delicious. Monday's version had cucumbers, onion, a touch of butter, milk and yogurt. It was prettier and also tasted good. I've been cooking the soups and have had them both hot and cold, the first one anyway. Tonight's I ate hot because it wasn't cold yet. Steven doesn't like them but was willing to taste them. Becca had a couple of bowls of the ugly one and liked it better than version #1.
I also got a case of cilantro on Monday for 89 cents and tried drying some, but then decided it would be better to freeze it in snack bags like I do basil. It stayed pretty and green and worked well in the cucumber soup.
My other deal of the week is a yellow sweat shirt with an applique sego lily on it that I bought yesterday for $1 at the Assistance League thrift store. Ken says I should take a picture of me in it for my blog. It is very Utah and a much easier and cheaper way to change my immediate surroundings than painting a whole room.
2 comments:
I like the happy yellow color of your sweatshirt. Looks great! And cucumber soup sounds very interesting.
I would have tried the soup! Sounds good.
Colors I wear effect me. I don't think I have a yellow shirt! I'm going to look for one.
Post a Comment