Monday, November 24, 2008

happiness

Many blessings in my life help me decide to be happy. Headaches go away. Morning comes. And evening and morning again. I am grateful for the day and the night. I am blessed to be able to think or not think, to be be busy or quiet, to go or to stay. I have a wonderful family that fills me with wonder. Roots and branches. I have been a baby, a child, a young girl, a woman, and an old woman by the standard of the ages. I have been loved and forgiven and greatly blessed.

1 comment:

BobandLu said...

Thank you for your thoughts. I am also thankful for small renewals and beginnings.
Last night we started gratitude journals as a family. A teacher at church was telling us the other week about a study done with two groups, measuring happiness. One group were asked to keep a journal and every night write at least 3 things they were thankful for. When asked again the increase of happiness with that group was significant. With the other group that had no change in behavior, there was no change in happiness either.
We didn't start with a feeling of great need for increased happiness, but as a family, we do need to be more thankful.