Monday, January 4, 2010

retirement

We slept in together until almost seven. The first Monday of retirement. We went down to the Church Office Building to turn in the parking pass and then walked the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and the Plaza parking for an hour. We plan to make a daily walk a part of the pattern of our days.

Ken has spent almost the whole day on the computer filling out mission application forms. It's my turn next. Very exciting stuff. He has also been trying to get my laptop to work since all the upgrading messed it up.

I mentally reorganize the house whenever I have spare time, getting the basement apartment ready for Steven and Alysa and the upstairs for Becca and Simon. So far it has mostly been a spiritual creation, but I have made some progress on the downstairs kitchen and the food room. Instead of working on house today, I picked up Emmalyn Landbeck at the airport and after a quick NPS stop drove down to Provo. Then made a Harmons stop to mail a birthday present to Mary Smith and buy milk and picked up library books. Oh, and I got a big batch of granola made. Not much else and it's dinner time. Fortunately dinner is ready.

5 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I want to come help you.

Jennilyn said...

Wow--wish I had started painting projects downstairs for you. Hope the solutions work out satsifactorily.

BobandLu said...

That's a lot for one day! I need to make some more granola. And exercise. And organize. And paint.
:)

Lisa Chin said...

What a busy day for being retired! I think you have to mentally make changes before you can do the actual changes - they go faster once you get started if you've already worked it out mentally. Good luck!

Deb said...

Your mission plans sound very exciting! I would love to hear more about them. And the house plans sound good too. Change can be invigorating and exhausting.