Sunday, May 3, 2009

car alarm works

Friday was a beautiful day. I had the windows down driving to and from my census area and to pick up forms from the Assistant Crew Leader. I parked the car on the second lower level of the church plaza when I went in for our temple shift, about 3:00. I guess I forgot to roll up all the windows. We came out about 9:15, I was looking for my keys, since I was going to drive home. Ken reached in the passenger window and opened the door lock. I had locked the car, even though the window was open. Immediately the car alarm sounded. It was very very loud and persistent, very distressing. Meanwhile, I was fumbling through my purse looking for my keys. I ended up putting my purse on the ground and pulling everything out, all the while the alarm was blaring. Ken was waiting for security to show up. When I finally got the keys out, I tried pressing the panic button to stop the noise, but nothing seemed to work. Ken tried opening the door and closing it again. It got it to stop once, but it started again when he opened the door. He took over the keys and was able to stop it eventually. He said he finally had to lock things up and unlock them with the key. Nice to know I could leave the windows open. But I won't. Terrible noise. Embarrassing.

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

We've had an experience like that in our own driveway, late at night. It's very upsetting especially since it seems I can't ever get it off the same way twice! For future reference sometimes you can turn it off by starting the car. Hopefully you will never have need for this information!

landbeck said...

I think it's a good idea to strive for an attitude of light-heartedness about things like this; they happen to everyone. Someday, it will be funny instead of embarassing. Glad you solved it.