Friday, May 8, 2009

garden day

Yesterday was my garden day. I planted asparagus, something I've wanted to do for years. And a thornless blackberry bush. Those are my forever (for the future) plants. I planted wallla walla onions all around the blackberry and a put in a Ichiban eggplant, maybe a little early. Seven pots are ready and waiting to be my sunny garden. Three have tomatoes, one sweet orange cherry tomato, and two early girls. Today I will plant zuchinni and cucumbers and basil. Ken turned the water on last night and connected the hose

4 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

What a beautiful picture of asparagus. Good luck with your garden. I need to get some time in with my garden, but it may have to wait until Monday. :(

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

We have loved the asparagus in our garden. It makes me not want to ever buy it in the store. We eat it freshly picked, raw. It sounds like you'll have some good eating!

Jane Babcock said...

I agree that eating asparagus raw and fresh is best. But not for a couple of years. They say to not harvest for for two years, and then to only pick the fat ones.

BobandLu said...

All that sounds so delicious! I'm going to plant in a couple of weeks. I want my spinach and peas to hurry up so I can use the space for something else. I've never done spring gardening before this year.