Monday, September 1, 2008

laboring

It rained hard yesterday for the first time this summer, so it is time to pull weeds, my baby drought tolerant plants in the front yard. A good way to labor on Labor Day. My previous plan was to go shopping and to freeze peaches from Becca's tree. They are wonderful peaches, very ripe. We still wake up early even though Ken doesn't have to go to work. He was up at 5:00 AM and I got up at 6:30. I wonder what we will do when he retires. He may have slept in if he hadn't taken a Sunday nap.

I also plan to read "my book." I was tempted to read it on Sunday because I had spent Friday afternoon and Saturday in Sunday mode. But I listened to the audio file made by my great uncle Jim Davidson and got the Internet link sent on to my brothers and sisters. I had heard pieces of the information it contained, but not the full clear story from two generations past. I am also grateful for the clear MP3 file of my Grandma Jane Davidson reciting the 23rd Psalm. It is so wonderful that recording made the transition to modern technology. Interesting too that both of these files have been a means of linking the current generation of cousins to each other.

4 comments:

BobandLu said...

I think our family is more ready now to think about an ancestors blog don't you think?!

Jane Babcock said...

Can a blog be open to posts from many different people? It would be interesting to have one that my Davidson cousins could all contribute to, sharing family histories etc.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

That was an amazing recording. Yeah...ancestor blog!

And do you have any extra
baby plants we could use?

BobandLu said...

Yes, in the "permissions" section where you invite people to see your blog. Davidson contributions would be wonderful. There's a woman in our ward who has a family history site... I need to check it out.