What is my limit? Why can I run faster some days than others? When am I doing too much? Is my attitude a good gage? Is getting tired a warning?
Yesterday was very busy and I got everything on my list done except one major project. The other things I did were all more important and time sensitive, needing to be done yesterday. I should feel successful. Actually I do feel more successful today than I did last night. I feel better and do better when I am not tired.
Sometimes the more I do, the more I am capable of doing. There are days when I have lots of time but do nothing of importance and when I don't feel like doing the things I should do.
Is consistency important? What are the things I will do everyday regardless of how I feel? How many everyday things are a part of my life? Should I have more of my life filled up with preplanned regular things? Am I unable to handle well the freedom I have to choose? Should I have more "to do" lists.
SHOULD BE NOW
Visiting teaching
Quicken
Get DUP Information to treasurers
Prepare Sunday School lesson
Plan Tuesday night guest dinner
Make hummus
Deodorize car some more - from broken milk in trunk
NOT NOW - but could be now except the planting
Finish tree house part of playhouse
Plant the back yard
Build a sandbox
Build a fountain
Move the rocks
Finish the play yard
Invite Barbru to see the Springville quilt show
Clean kitchen cupboards
Organize laundry room
Buy twin-size springs and bed frame
Cover grapes with netting
Weed yard
Defrost freezers
Clean refrigerators
Study Spanish
Learn to use Word instead of Word Perfect
WHAT I WILL DO ANYWAY
Read a book
Go to the temple
Help Ken, Steven, Sarah K, and Babcocks
Cook and Eat
As much of SHOULD BE NOW as I can
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love your lists. I should list more visibly. I think that would help me. Some of what you've got on the do anyway list is on other people's should do list. I sometimes still like "Did it" lists more than to do lists. I do a lot of things that are good that I hadn't planned on until they happened.
Running the 1st mile is hard for me some days. Maybe I don't get enough sleep or don't eat the right kind of foods, for me it could sometimes be needing more warming up. One article I read encouraged always combining walking and running. It talked about competitors in races ending up with the same finish time though they walked at at water stations.
I don't know. Variety is good
I should have put walking on one of my lists. I try to have that be one of the things I do anyway regardless, but sometimes it is hard on Friday because Ken takes the bus in to work and lets me sleep in. Last week I tried running on Friday to get more exercise done in less time. Maybe I will do that today. Good thing to do right now before it gets too warm.
I was interested to see an old FlyLady article that stressed 15 minutes of sitting and resting for every 45 minutes of active working. And using the timer to limit the work you do on one thing, so you get to everything on your list. It rings, you switch to next thing, and she cautioned to not even start a load of laundry as you went through the highly visible company-is-coming list of things to do. But the resting kills me. Johnny likes to include rests, and I feel like I lose momentum and want to stop for the day if I take a break. Or I don't feel disciplined enough to let myself rest. Maybe if you decide to rest, and choose to start working again, it would be more balanced? Something I struggle with, too...
Post a Comment